What is the purpose of the internship program?
To provide individuals who sense a call to ministry and who desire intensive training to serve God’s people with an opportunity to explore and experience church ministry through a 10 week training program.
What are the expectations of an accepted intern?
- Commitment of 10 weeks: May-July with a maximum of 5 days missed.
- A minimum of 20 hours per week including weekend services is required. Some ministry departments may require additional hours. Applicants will discuss and agree to a schedule designed to fulfill the internship requirements within each ministry department prior to acceptance.
- Attendance to and active participation in all events, meetings, studies, and services.
- Complete weekly fast every Tuesday & completion of book study.
What are the qualifications for becoming an intern?
- Committed Christians who have been water baptized and who are currently active in church ministry.
- Strong recommendation from the Pastor/Ministry Leader you are have served under or are currently serving under.
- Two recommendations: a personal reference & a professional reference.
- A sense of call to full or part-time ministry.
- 18 years old and a High School diploma or equivalent.
Is there an age restriction?
Yes. We are only accepting applicants between the ages of 18-25.
How does the internship work?
Interns will be broken up into three different areas: Kids Ministry, Student Ministry, & Worship Experience. There will be a core curriculum spanning over all three areas that all interns will be required to go through, however you will be trained in your specific area of ministry with a ministry lead overseeing you.
Will I be able to choose which area I’m interested in serving in?
Yes, on the application you have the option to select which area you’re interested in.
What about housing?
If you don’t live in South Florida, CBG will provide a host home for you. A host home is a family that will take you in for the span of 10 weeks. If you are accepted, you will be notified with further details about your host home.
When are applications due?
Applications are due May 1st. You will be contacted via email regarding next steps.
What is the start date?
The internship program begins on June 4th.
What is the end date of the internship?
The internship ends on August 12th.
I’m interested. What do I need to do to apply?
You can apply via the application tab above. Applications are due by May 1st.